Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just a great deal of tips, on the other hand, we will only be tackling about the more important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, make certain that you have cash on hand since there is a high probability that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that some stores are still open.
6. This one must be a total must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Be certain to set a meeting place or a reunion point designated for all of your household or family members to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.